Error 404 on www.stm32duino.com

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
wanders
IDE: Arduino
Board: Bluepill, Arduino Mega 2560, LPC14u11, RPi V3a

Re: Error 404 on www.stm32duino.com

Post by wanders » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:43 pm

Indemnification means that ST Micro wants Roger to protect them from any harm or loss that they might incur from taking over www.stm32duino.com. For example, someone (Person A) uses some resources from www.stm32duino.com, and their lab catches on fire. Person A may decide to sue ST Micro because he or she claims ST Micro's resources caused the fire. If Roger were to indemnify ST Micro against losses incurred due to www.stm32duino.com, then Roger might be responsible for costs associated with legal fees and potential damages in this lawsuit.

Welcome to the world of big semiconductors. I know - I retired from a very large semiconductor company, wherein I was an engineering executive, and we would see this kind of thing every day. Sigh. This is an unfortunate side effect of the "belt and suspenders" approach that the corporate legal community takes to liability. It is simple enough to disclaim any suitability of resources on a site, but the corporate lawyers want it both ways, from the user and the provider.

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." - William Shakespeare, Henry VI, Part 2

PeteS

Post by PeteS » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:06 am

Just wanting to pass on some information that may help others.

After stm32duino went down I tried to use information from other forums but to say most sources of information on the STM32 are is lacking would be a bit of an understatement. I got sick of seeing nothing but broken links on google to topics that would have had information I was looking for and decided to do something about it.

I've been working on "restoring" all the posts from stm32duino.com and have a great deal of it done and working at this point. My intent was not to try and reopen it as a forum but to simply bring back all the posts/topics. I've created an "archive" I guess you could say that recreates the forum but in a read only state. I've been fixing links and URL redirects as I've been restoring the content so most everything is working like you would expect. Any page that would try and load to the old domain has been redirected to load the content off the archived version I've created and if the content is missing still it will just send you back to the home page rather then loading an error page.

http://stm32duinoforum.com/

It's a long ways from being perfect but it's usable. I'd guess I've got maybe 40-50% of the forum restored so there is still a lot of missing content but this is something I'm actively working on. Unless something comes up I should have the rest of the posts/topics "completed" in a couple of weeks.

The search function is broken still but if you find a topic on Google linking back to stm32duino.com there's a good chance you'll be able to just change the start of the URL from stm32duino.com to stm32duinoforum.com and pull up the topic (assuming its a topic I've already restored).

mrburnette
IDE: Arduino
Core: Any
Board: Blue, MM, Black

Post by mrburnette » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:02 pm

PeteS wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:06 am
Just wanting to pass on some information that may help others.
Wow, a valiant and unselfish effort. Many thanks.

Ray