Development environment specific, Arduino, Eclipse, VS2013,Em::Blocks etc
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:10 am
- Location: Mt Etna - Italy
- OS: Windows 7 & 10
- IDE: 1.8.8
- Core: Roger & STM official
- Board: Bluepill, Maple mini
Arduino Pro IDE (alpha preview) with advanced features
https://blog.arduino.cc/2019/10/18/ardu ... -features/
The main features in this initial alpha release of the new Arduino Pro IDE are:
- Modern, fully featured development environment
Dual Mode, Classic Mode (identical to the Classic Arduino IDE) and Pro Mode (File System view)
New Board Manager
New Library Manager
Basic Auto Completion (Arm targets only)
But the new architecture opens the door to features that the Arduino community have been requesting like these that will be following on soon:
- Sketch synchronisation with Arduino Create Editor
Fully open to third party plug-ins
Support for additional languages other than C++
The new Arduino Pro IDE is based on the latest technologies:
- The Arduino CLI running in daemon mode provides all the main Arduino features.
The application frontend is based on the Eclipse Theia Open Source IDE.
Electron, the framework behind Eclipse Theia, allows the use of web technologies on desktop environments.
Available in Windows, Mac OS X and Linux64 versions
Last edited by zoomx
on Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 210
- Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:15 am
- OS: linux
- IDE: eclipse, arduino 1.8.5
- Core: Roger's
- Board: Maple mini, Bluepill
+1 really cool
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 3:52 pm
- Location: Ermont, France
- OS: Windows
- IDE: Arduino
- Core: Roger's, modified
- Board: Olimexino STM32
What is the procedure to install the STM32 stuff?
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:17 pm
- Location: Boredaux, France
- OS: Linux
- IDE: Arduino, Sloeber, Emacs
- Core: Roger's, STM official, bare metal
- Board: All
OK, basically, Arduino is moving to Eclipse.
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:22 pm
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- OS: Windows 7
- IDE: Arduino IDE 1.8.9
- Core: Roger's
- Board: Bluepill, Generic STM32f103ZET6 and Generic STM32F407
Hi there guys,
With this new Arduino IDE Pro, will there be any repercussions in stm32 arduino core?if we will move from the usual ide to the pro?
BTW, I haven't used the pro ide at the moment.